Reid Announces Presidential Inauguration Ticket Drawing For Nevadans
November 9, 2012
To see this video you must have Adobe Flash Player installed.You can download Adobe Flash Player here
Washington, D.C.- Nevada Senator Harry Reid today announced that his office will hold a drawing on December 10, 2012 to select Nevadans who submit requests for tickets to the 57th quadrennial Presidential Inauguration. A limited number of tickets to the Inaugural swearing-in ceremony will be distributed to each United States Senate office. Nevadans who enter into this drawing sponsored by Senator Reid’s office will have a chance to attend the Inauguration free-of-charge.
“Every four years from the steps of the Capitol, the beginning of an administration brings new opportunities for our country to join together to become stronger,” said Reid. “It is an honor to provide Nevadans with an opportunity to take part in this historic occasion and I invite Nevadans who want to attend to sign up for a ticket drawing on my website www.reid.senate.gov.”
Throughout America’s proud history, the Presidential Inauguration and Inaugural Address have served to unite the nation to honor and celebrate our nation’s democracy at home and around the world. That tradition will continue on January 21, 2013 as the United States joins together to celebrate the 57th quadrennial Presidential Inauguration.
INAUGURATION LOTTERY DRAWING INFORMATION
To Attend the Inauguration
• Nevada residents that would like to be added to the lottery can enter into the drawing HERE. To view the application form in Spanish, click HERE.
• The web form will close December 7, 2012.
• This lottery is only open to Nevada residents. If you are not a Nevada resident, please contact your local representative in order to submit your request.
***Tickets to the Inauguration are provided free of charge. Senator Reid’s office will not pay for travel expenses or for accommodations in Washington D.C. No other organization, website or ticket outlet has received legitimate inaugural swearing-in tickets to sell or otherwise distribute.
To Take Part in the Inaugural Parade
• If you are representing an organization wishing to apply to participate in the 57th Presidential Inaugural Parade, to be held Monday January 21, including bands, marching and mounted units, and floats, please click HERE.
• All applications must be submitted on-line and no materials will be accepted via regular mail.
• For the most updated information concerning the 57th presidential inauguration please visit the Joint Congressional Committee on Inaugural Ceremonies (JCCIC) site HERE.
• Should you have any further questions or need to submit any changes to your request please contact Senator Reid office at 202-224-1250.