The Senate Democratic Diversity Initiative is a resource office that is designed to assist and recruit diversity candidates for all Democratic Senate offices. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid created the Initiative seven years ago to ensure that the Senate workforce reflects the diversity of the nation and the constituents we serve. Our concept of inclusion embraces differences in race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, ethnic background, and recognizes the military service of our veterans.
The daily operation of our office is structured around the following goals:
- Develop and implement methods for recruiting diverse professional staff and interns for positions in Senate Democratic offices.
- Maintain a database of diverse candidates that can be utilized by Democratic offices when filling positions.
- Serve as a strategic partner with Democratic Chief of Staffs, Committee Staff Directors, and Chief Administrators to identify opportunities for recruitment of diverse candidates for their respective offices.
- Assist Democratic offices in identifying resources within their home states, as well as aiding in the recruitment of diverse candidates from their states.
- Identify resources and develop partnerships with outside organizations, educational institutions, and associations to channel diverse candidates to Democratic offices in the U.S. Senate.
- Utilize our strong relationships with many organizations around the greater Washington area in reaching out to attract new diversity employees to Democratic Senate offices.
To submit your resume for consideration by the Senate Democratic Diversity Initiative, please click here:
To learn more about career opportunities at the United States Senate or United States House of Representatives, please visit the following links: